The 2019 Activists Mobilizing for Power (AMP) conference convening in Spokane September 6-8 is locally hosted and coordinated by Greater Spokane Progress (GSP) and the Peace and Justice Action League of Spokane.
Registration for AMP 2019 is now closed.
AMP is the Western States Center’s flagship leadership development convening where you’ll meet others fighting for social justice in our region and sharpen the skills you need to take on anti-democratic threats in our community.
The theme for AMP this year is Democracy Under Siege and program content will focus on sharing cutting-edge tools and case studies from our region to build effective strategies in countering white nationalism and defending inclusive democracy.
Here are just a few of the things you can expect to learn from this year’s AMP workshops:
- Using opposition research tools to shed light on authoritarian movements in your community;
- How to respect Indian Country and uphold treaty rights as a non-Native leader or organization;
- New strategies on engaging elected officials in your local government;
- Policies to advocate when promoting racial equity, reproductive justice, and LGBTQ+ rights;
- Creative ways to use art to organize community members and shift narratives;
- And much, much more.
Together, we can grow and strengthen our movements for inclusive democracy while confronting anti-democratic and authoritarian threats in our communities. By learning from each other’s experiences and picking up where others have left off, we can fight for our vision for a just society where all people can live, love, work, and worship free from hate and bigotry.